Saturday, May 17, 2008

Changes (Chapter 2)

"What's happening?!" I screeched, as a disk of shining blue light swirled in front of me and pulled my arm in. I struggled uselessly as it swallowed me in. What's going on? I wondered as I floated in the middle of swirling aqua waves.
I had been sitting at the cafeteria table, reading a book in silence. No one would sit with me, so the table was my own. But then that sapphire light appeared out of nowhere and sucked me in.
"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!" I heard a scream, only to realize it my own, as I was shot out of the blue and onto the ground.
"It actually worked!" a melodic voice cut through the air.
"No kidding..." came a sarcastic voice. "Are you alright?" I looked up into clear golden eyes with soft brown hair drooping over them. An offered hand came up and hovered in front of my face.
"I'm fine, thank you..." I murmured, as I took the hand.
"Sorry about that. My sister was testing her gift. I'm Faalan nu Azamoni and my sister is Khanna nu Azamoni."
"Uh...I-I'm Falandra...nu..nu...Azain! But call me Fala! I-It's nice to meet you!" I stuttered nervously as I lied. This boy...he was my GREAT GRANDFATHER?!
I studied the boy and his sister. Faalan was wearing a simple pair of brown leather pants, a foresty-green shirt, and a dark brown cape. Khanna wore a rather revealing shirt that cut far down her front and even father down her back and a pair of shorts that stopped at mid-thigh.
"Liar!" came his accusing voice, which cut through my thinking. I shook my head to clear my mind as he continued.
"Sorry, couldn't help it. I'm a mind reader. Well, kind of. I specialize in controlling things with my mind. And what's this about being your great grandfather?"
"Oh...Well..." I managed to choke out in my shock. "My real name is Falandra nu Azamoni. I believe that somehow, your sister brought me here through time."
"But that's impossible!" I jumped, then whipped around to see Faalan's sister in a one-handed handstand.
"I can barely control my gift!" the girl continued. "Plus, my gift is moving things through portals!" Kneeling down, I lowered myself to eye level with her.
"Well, technically, you moved me. It's that you moved me through time. Isn't that right, Khanna?" I asked, half serious, half joking.
Somehow during the time that Khanna and I had been talking, Faalan had walked up behind Khanna.
"Girl got a point." he said simply, pushing Khanna over.
"AUGH!" Khanna shouted, as she failed to maintain balance.
"ACK!" I yelped as Khanna's body came smashing down on top of mine.
"FAALAN!!!!!!" shouted Khanna, as she got up again, smashing my head even more into the ground with her hand in the process.
"MGHF!" I protested, my voice muffled by the ground. As Khanna's weight came off of me, I stood up abruptly and spat out dirt.
"Disgusting..." I choked out, trying to get rid of the dry dirt in my mouth.
"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Faalan laughed, clutching at his knees. "Can't...breathe!" he gasped, leaning against a tree for support, tears streaming down his face in his amusement. These were day when I really hated boys.
"You..." I began.
"are..." Khanna joined in.
"so..." I continued.
"DEAD!" we shouted together, fury raging in our eyes. We both leaped for him. Desperately trying to escape our grasp, he flailed in every which direction as we gave him a good pounding.
"Owowowowowowowow!!!" he screamed, when I rammed my fist into his vulnerable stomach, feeling satisfaction as my hand connected with flesh.
"SO DEAD!" I yelled, an evil grin forming on my face.
"That's what you get for pushing me down!" hollered Khanna, who sent him flying with a kick to the chest.
Leaving the beat-up boy leaning against a tree, Khanna slung her arm over my shoulder and started walking towards a stream, taking me with her.
"Now that that's done with, you have to come with me!" she insisted.
"Uh... Sure... Whatever you say..." I said, not protesting as she dragged me along.

AN: So... This is chapter two. It's kinda slow now and I'm just doing little stupid things for fun, but the action will kick up later, I promise!

2 comments:

Hweedsss said...

hi mina!! this is weedo...
ur story is great! and it sounds very interesting. Keep it up!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mina,

It's a little hard to tell who's talking to whom during the dialogue section...but the story has started out great!

A.P.